NAASF is governed by a Board of Directors. Board members represent each of the 4 U.S. regions (Northeast, South, Midwest and West), and 1 member represents Canada.
Board Members, who are elected to rolling 2-year terms, have multiple responsibilities, including:
- Serve on at least one subcommittee and participate in that committee's activities,
- Attend NAASF Board meetings and events (typically, there are four board meetings each year),
- Actively seek input from Franchisees in their respective regions by attending meetings, contacting them on a regular basis and soliciting input,
- Represent the opinions of the Franchisees that are relevant to NAASF and the Subway® brand,
- Provide input and direction to the NAASF staff on pertinent issues.